Inspection and Testing for the Fire Sprinkler Industry
This interactive seminar will provide an introduction to the various types of water-based fire protection systems as well as an in-depth exploration of the codes, standards and other documents that are used during the inspection and testing process. The seminar is designed for individuals interested in obtaining certification as an inspection and testing technician for water-based fire protection systems.
At the conclusion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Identify the components of sprinklers, fire pumps, standpipe systems, water storage tanks, and fire service mains and describe their function
- Identify the requirements for inspection and testing in NFPA 25 as they apply to various systems and components.
- Recognize potential workplace hazards as they relate to ladders.
- Recognize various potential problems with system and explain them.
- Identify the appropriate section of NFPA 25 that addresses the problem.
- Develop a preliminary record of system problems.
- Recognize potential system deficiencies as defined in NFPA 25.
- Discuss testing requirements for water-based fire protection systems and components
- Describe conditions for developing an Inspection and Testing process.
- Describe the role of the inspector/tester and record retention.
- Identify applicable OSHA regulations and how they relate to inspection and testing of water-based fire protection systems.
A copy of NFPA 25 2017 is provided as part of the registration fee.
For a complete syllabus, click HERE.
To register for NFSA Training seminars you must have an individual NFSA account and log in. If you do not have an account, click the "Create Your Account" link. Member pricing will only be available to signed in members.
Registration fee per seminar:
NFSA Member: $473 EARLY BIRD / $525 (Two weeks prior)
Non-Member: $945 EARLY BIRD / $1,050 (Two weeks prior)