This class has been cancelled.
NFSA regrets to inform you that as a result of the regulations on gatherings and travel due to the spread ofCOVID-19, the Pumps for Fire Protection and Understanding, Applying and Enforcing NFPA 25 seminars, scheduled to be held May 12 - 13, 2020 in Reading, PA, have been cancelled. We are diligently working to reschedule the two seminars and hope to have new dates scheduled soon.
Pumps for Fire Protection
Utilizing NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, this one-day program guides the participant through the basic operating principles of fire pumps, the requirements for the various components that make up a fire pump package and the requirements for acceptance testing for the pump to ensure proper operation.
All participants will receive an NFPA 20 2016 as part of the registration fee.
Total Instructional Hours: 8 Contact Hours
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this seminar the participant will be able to:
- Describe and identify the different types of fire pumps, their applications, & their placement
- Explain how centrifugal pumps operate
- Discuss the general rules applicable to all fire pumps
- Describe the items required & permitted in the fire pump suction & discharge piping
- Describe the rules pertaining to various power sources for fire pumps & the equipment that controls each respective source
- Apply a process in order to properly size a fire pump
- Explain acceptance testing for fire pumps
- Discuss specific rules for fire pumps in high rise buildings
For a complete course description, click here.
Interested in additional training! There are more events being offered the same week in Reading, PA. Don’t forget to register for each event!
This class is being sponsored by the NFSA PenJerDel Chapter and is completely free to participants!