This class has been cancelled.
NFSA regrets to inform you that as a result of the regulations on gatherings and travel due to the spread ofCOVID-19, the Pumps for Fire Protection and Understanding, Applying and Enforcing NFPA 25 seminars, scheduled to be held May 12 - 13, 2020 in Reading, PA, have been cancelled. We are diligently working to reschedule the two seminars and hope to have new dates scheduled soon.
Understanding, Applying and Enforcing NFPA 25
This highly interactive full day seminar describes the requirements for properly maintaining a water-based fire protection system in accordance with NFPA 25. The seminar clearly describes the responsibilities for compliance and record keeping. It describes the specific scope of the standard and identifies the various ways in which information related to changes in the system are handled. It describes the various tables used in the standard, their specific purposes, and when to use which tables. It involves the attendees in a significant number of exercises to describe problems encountered, identify the appropriate section(s) of the standard and how to deal with issues not covered by the standard that may still be encountered.
A copy of NFPA 25 2017 is included in the registration fee.
Total Instructional Time: 8 Contact Hours
Learning Outcomes: At the conclusion of this seminar the participant will be able to:
- Explain the areas to which the standard applies and does not apply, how those areas are addressed.
- Explain the general definitions used in the standard that are common to all NFPA documents and those specific to the standard and their meaning.
- Discuss the various Tables utilized throughout the standard and explain their respective purposes.
- Apply the various Tables in the standard to the appropriate situation.
- Discuss and demonstrate the various means by which information is provided to the owner, and the reasons for different methods.
- Explain the difference between using an NFPA inspection report and an informational report.
- Describe potential ways of impairing and restoring a system
- Describe how to properly report various situations that are or are not within the scope of NFPA 25.
Interested in additional training! There are more events being offered the same week in Reading, PA. Don’t forget to register for each event!
This class is being sponsored by the NFSA PenJerDel Chapter and is completely free to participants!